Author Topic: Some issues  (Read 7886 times)

Aristosseur

• View Profile
Some issues
« on: May 10, 2011, 11:03:37 AM »
I was war toothbrush on the old forums, I helped playtest 2 versions of the map if you can recall anything (I still got 1 of it I think). I can remember a guy who used a native avatar on ESO, but I can't remember his name. I think he was in the fw clan.
Now there's the problem of noobs editing the map and changing stuff, changing the name etc. The correct map must be spread (talking about aoe3 not expansions).
The password is really hard to remember with all these prequisites... it's not like you handle bank accounts  :P

pftq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Some issues
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 06:01:46 PM »
Yes - fortunately, the old version (unencrypted) doesn't work on the expansion packs as you said so that is safe.

We need to spread the 2.5 version more on AOE3 vanilla though.

Not sure what you mean by prereqs and bank accounts but I'll agree with you there. :P

Berten

• View Profile
Re: Some issues
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 06:44:32 AM »
I know the problem: people start from the map you made, edit it, put their own name on it and call it "fort wars 8.0" or something like that. Many of the naive noobs playing the game believe that, the higher the number behind the name, the better the game. I have always tried to promote the real version (because it is simply much better than the cheap copies) but often people wouldnt buy it. They say: 'oh, dont you have "the newest" version?'...

I just hope that the people will notice when they are playing quality, and when they are playing crap; and I will always be there to promote the real fort wars.