Author Topic: AOEO and fort wars  (Read 10054 times)

River_God

• View Profile
AOEO and fort wars
« on: April 27, 2011, 10:49:01 AM »
Recently they have allowed a bunch of people into the Age of Empires Online Beta. I was one of those fortunate enough to get in. Although there is no way to make custom maps or scenarios yet, I suspect they will come out with either an editor or at least an access point for RMS maps eventually...

When that faithful day occurs I will be working hard to get a few good custom maps out there fast. Obviously I would like to start with the classic that got me hooked on custom maps to begin with: Fort Wars! Or at least something very similar.

Glad to see you back pftq

pftq

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: AOEO and fort wars
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »
I'd be curious how custom maps would be made for that game.  The game seems a bit step backwards to me compared to the earlier Age of games.  From what I understand, this also isn't made by the original ES group either?

DucDepuce2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
I too have been playing the online beta, but I was brought in quite a while ago, around New Years  ;). If I understood script at all, I would try to make something when they come out with any ability to create custom maps or scenarios, but unfortunately I do not understand it...

Over all, the game is fun, but it's not as great as Age of Empires 3 or AOM.

TraumaHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »
I too have been playing the online beta, but I was brought in quite a while ago, around New Years  ;). If I understood script at all, I would try to make something when they come out with any ability to create custom maps or scenarios, but unfortunately I do not understand it...

Over all, the game is fun, but it's not as great as Age of Empires 3 or AOM.

ES was shut down unfortunately.  Halo wars was their last game I'm pretty sure.

I really miss AOE and AOM lol